The Senior Manager, Construction is responsible for managing of the entire project, site work and base building of new store and renovations including schedules, quality standards and costs.
* Identify complete scope of work required and prepare accurate budgets, minimizing the needs for "extras" to the project.
* Provide VP of Construction with accurate cost estimates to assist Operations in their Capital forecasting as well as controlling the funds on all projects assigned.
* Help create budgets and monitor all costs for new stores and renovations.
* Interact with Sr. Management and operational divisions in executing their needs and requests
* Review all equipment to ensure compliance
* Respond to requests in a prompt and timely manner.
* Provide timely feedback to Sr. Management
* Ensure tender documents are complete, clear, and concise to allow for competitive pricing of projects.
* Effectively communicate with contractor, sub-trades, suppliers, and consultants to ensure the team is working in an effective manner.
* Ensure schedule and budgets are maintained.
* Monitor project costs closely, identify "extras" early, and prepare appropriations when required.
* Monitor schedules; resolve delays or keep them to a minimum.
* Review on site conditions when not anticipated in original soils/environment reports. Review alternative solutions including cost and schedule implications to ensure best solution, i.e. Cost versus durability.
* Ensure all new projects and renovations are built in a timely manner.
* Schedule all aspects of project, including coordination with operators and 3PL's
* Ensure projects (renovations) are coordinated in an organized manner, allowing for operational activities to continue with minimal disruption and minimal customer inconvenience.
* Ensure construction/renovation projects run smoothly, contractors meet deadlines, and the equipment arrives on site when required.
* Ensure all work is completed thoroughly to all LPL specifications and standards and ensure any deficiencies corrected in a timely manner.
* Provide VP of Construction with accurate budgets as well as bi-weekly estimate to complete forms.
* Review invoices to ensure accuracy and approve process billings from General Contractor to certify completion, codes and invoices for shell and component contracts.
* Ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner.